Tuesday, February 19, 2013

White Lace and promises........

This picture was taken in 1966 at the school I walked to for eight years.  It was a two block walk.  My parents thought of everything when they moved to the house we were in.  The bench is symbolic of the times too.  The downstairs of the school contained a cafeteria where those benches were.  In the beginning I remember they served hot lunches.  I always walked home for lunch.  But, I am not sure of the year, but we lost the cafeteria to computers. And, to me, it is very symbolic of the year this picture was taken.   Life, how we knew it, was going to change.   
This girl pictured was full of  hopes and dreams of an American Girl.   She was also a girl scout. She, at this time, was waiting to see what her story was going to be.  She didn't know what she wanted to be when she grew up.  But, she definitely wanted the fairy tale ending of living happily ever after!

No comments:

Post a Comment