Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Don't forget a walk on the boardwalk in barefeet included a splinter or two

I am trying to come to terms with this waiting game we are in with our business.  Like I have been posting in 2013, I am sharing how I grew up and what my wishes looked like for my future.  I also, really never stopped with my visions of the future including the beauty of the past.  We have lived in towns that were built during Victorian times.  I have always appreciated the architecture and what has survived through all of these years.  But, now I am trying to come to terms with what our future is going to look like.  I came up with the quote as the title of this post.  Because, of the romance of the boardwalks, buildings and businesses that lined the boardwalk will never be the same.  The landscape of the Jersey shore has changed.  Spirits are high.......and people are strong but, sometimes I think the loss is too great to go on thinking.....we can do this.....we will be back stronger and brighter then ever.   A lot of this is so much of what will be done on the Jersey Shore is out of our control.  And, yes a lot will come down to the almighty dollar. We will always have our memories......and we have our experience of living in a little bungalow across from the sea where when the windows were open we could hear the waves of the ocean......or our store where I can't even begin to tell you what that meant.  But, let's face it at 2 am in our bungalow the windows had to be closed because all the rowdies leaving as the bars closed.  I would like to believe in the Romance of the Jersey Shore but, we've been working too hard.  We as a family never have enjoyed a day at the beach together.  We have had wonderful vacations and fun in our pool in the backyard.  And, I think this summer we should all go to the beach for a day.....but, all the reminders will be there.... the shore we knew and loved is gone and it is gone forever.  Alright, this is not my usual  bright and shiny attitude.  But, I am feeling the splinter and I haven't been able to get it out yet.  But, the lesson is there........if you want a nice day at the beach......WEAR your flip flops.  For me that means........get ready.......brace myself.....the emotions are still stinging.  A walk on the beach will never be the same again.....but, I need to forget about the romance and remember the pain will go away eventually....but, for now I still wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment