Friday, February 8, 2013

Bruce Springsteen -Can't Help Fallin' In Love

This is truly why I wanted to start this new blog.  I graduated from a college where the Director of Art was a nun and she taught Renaissance Art and I couldn't help fallin' in love with Italy.  I was able to go there with my mother.  I loved what I saw......every inch of it.  The fountains, sculptures, churches, museums, monuments, rivers, paintings, the food.......but, it wasn't home.  Home is where my heart is.  My dream was always to have the European lifestyle I grew up in.  A town called Spring Lake on the Atlantic Ocean in central New Jersey.  But, then I found my dream came true by opening a store in Convention Hall in Asbury Park, NJ.  It is my Europe......my home.  It is full of carved copper, della robia reliefs, copper tall ships, angel reliefs, iron dolphins and history on the ocean by the sea.  It was designed by the same Architects who designed Grand Central Station in NYC which celebrates it's 100th Anniversary this year.  It is not only my Europe.....it is my Disney Castle........it is a dream come true.  My dreams have been tested this year by a storm called Sandy.  But, that is my life.  I have reached and accomplished all of my dreams now.  All of them are reality now.......but, they all came with the test of reality.  But, they ALL came true!!!!  So, grateful for this life of mine......my dreams come true.  My marriage of 30 years.......my son and daughter graduating college and following their dreams and my store located, in my eyes, the MOST romantic place on earth.  It is a place where everyone........and I mean everyone can come and soak in the romance of days gone by and guess what?  You don't need no ticket.........

No comments:

Post a Comment