Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Thank you for sending a thank you!

Thoughtful Tuesday here to share a few thoughts.  I have a strong belief system in how you think is how you feel.  I believe in vacations no matter how happy you are in a job.  Your mind and body need some time to rest and relax.  I still can't believe how well my vacation went.  I never wrote down, but I did tell a co-worker, when I sat down in my car to go to my first day back to work, the radio was playing Lighthouse by Ziggy Marley.  I smiled all the way on my commute to work, even when I was stuck in traffic on the Driscoll bridge.  Sometimes, if we can take the most simple things and be grateful for them, it will get you through the toughest time.
I am so grateful we were able to open our store in Convention Hall this summer.  It is challenging to work full time and have the store and not burn out.  I am so grateful to my husband, daughter and her friend Katie who have carried the weight of working at the store.  I am so grateful we are having beautiful weather this summer, because that is the most important part of having business in our store.  I am so grateful to our customers, who tell us how cool we are.  I am so grateful for channel 12 news for featuring our store.  If there is anything I would have wished for this summer would be something on TV to share what my husband makes and they covered it beautifully.  I am thankful for our customers who, still send cards in the mail.  I am thankful for our customers who still play records or appreciate the beauty of them enough to hang them on the wall as a clock.  I am thankful  to all the Bruce, Frank Sinatra, BonJovi fans who make pilgramages to places like Asbury Park, Red Bank and Hoboken.  I am thankful for my son playing in bands and enjoying music so much.  I am grateful to the Billy Walton Band whose music soothes my soul every week and all the friends and family of the members who make us feel like part of a family.  I am grateful both my children have started full time work.  And last but not least I am thanking someone who sent me  a thank you.  Just putting it out there, never knowing whether she will get my thank you for her thank you.  It has been said in proper etiquette there is no need to thank someone for a thank you.  But, isn't that silly?  Our lives are so busy, what is wrong with that?  I appreciate anyone who still takes the time to write an handwritten note.  Ok, now I can't stop but, I am thankful I am still writing a blog since, I have started in 2008.  It goes to show how much I enjoy it and it helps me immensely.  
Final thought is I am thankful for ebay for making buying items so easy.  It gives the opportunity to having a garage sale at your finger tips at all times.  I am looking forward to when I have more time in January to give it more of a chance to sell items.  I tried it and had a little success.  It was really fun.  But, I am always afraid I am too busy and  I won't have the follow through.  I am looking forward to selling more on it next year. 


No comments:

Post a Comment