Sunday, April 6, 2014

People.....get ready....

     May is approaching.  Meaning I have the task of restocking the store for summer.  In January a water main broke and dumped water all over this display.  So, all the things I spend the most time making were ruined.   Since, the store has become so seasonal because of the rebuilding of the boardwalk, it has given me the gift of time.  So, I have been working real hard and most days off I am fighting a cold and on the coach like a vegetable.  But, we get to go on vacation the week ending with Easter.  Perfect!  The time of the year for the RISING!  I plan on recharging my batteries!  And then all my days off will be spent making cards, journals and scrapbooks.  I do like spending my time like this way but, when you became exhausted it becomes a challenge.  My daughter is home this year, so she plans on helping her dad at the store.  I have described how when I make each card and add a glisten to the ocean or a building on the card it gives me the best feeling.  To be a part of watching Asbury Park come back to life has to be one of the best feelings.  Having my children and watching them grow of course is the best.  But, when it was time for them to go out on their own, I was left with an empty feeling.  Asbury Park has filled my soul.  As I approach the summer I am more pensive then ever.  A lot has changed since the first summer.   But, it is time to get ready!  I am so looking forward to seeing familiar faces and meeting new faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment