Thursday, April 24, 2014

Trip Around the World without leaving Jersey

 When we went on a cruise last week, I started the vacation at a book store.  I didn't find anything to read.  So, when we got home I started googling my favorite author and realized she had a new book.  Her name is Elizabeth Gilbert and she wrote:  Eat, Pray, Love.  I followed the website and liked her facebook page.  Then realized her home just was featured in the New York Times and it was for sale and it was in New Jersey!
 Upon reading more the author is now married and they own a store in Frenchtown, NJ.  I start to look at what events she has upcoming.  She will be with Oprah at the Meadowlands....tickets are I am sure worth it, but expensive.
 I just need some inspiration, not spend a fortune.  This morning I am thinking what a great way to spend the day, but to take a ride there.  Kaylyn had an interview this morning and thought she might like to join me.  We were very close to going, but she had to back for work at 4pm and didn't want to rush the trip.  I know we will probably be back to New Hope on Sunday......mmmm  maybe Glen would want to go.
 Then Ian called to ask for a ride from Trenton station and that was perfect because Frenchtown is about 30 miles above Trenton.  I wonder as we are driving if all of her books would be available.  Not only are they available......they are all signed!
 The store named Two Buttons is huge.  It is like a trip around the world with an exotic collection of goods filling every nook and cranny.  As soon as we walked in the door we knew we were in for a treat!  Best of all it is in New Jersey.  Again we are SO lucky to live here!!!!!
My purchase was five sheets of handmade paper and Elizabeth Gilbert's newest book:  The Signature of All Things.  What an unexpected wonderful day!  I am going to use the paper to make greeting cards.  I will share pictures soon!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment