Friday, March 15, 2013

To Everything There Is a Season.....turn...turn...turn....

Wow......eleven days have passed.  When I think of those years of the early 70's I truly am as sad as when it was all happening and I do get quiet and it is sometimes too painful to dredge up.  A lot has happened in the last few days.  The new Pope Francis was announced.  Seeing St. Peter's reminds me of the church I went to as a child and was baptized in.  It is St. Catharine's in Spring Lake.  March 13th also reminded me of the Anniversary of the first sighting by the three children at Fatima in 1917.  I always loved the story because it was two girls and one boy and I couldn't imagine how brave they were to unite 70,000 people to witness the dancing sun on October 13th.  Since, this is my birthday  I always related to the story also.  Again, since I am looking for a miracle this year I am looking to the past.   The last few weeks I have been dealing with Convention Hall may be closing for a year or two to put in a sprinkler system.  I wrote in the beginning of February what the building has meant to me.  It is making me pretty crazy.  Luckily, we have booked a vacation for the end of the month.  I am probably not going to do any more writing until I come back.  Trying to find the positive in all this is exhausting and paralyzing.  My mom has visited Yugoslavia and Argentina to see the current day Apparitions.  I have always admired the spirituality quality of my mom and am starting to relate more to that side of me as I get older.  She really has a deep core of belief and faith and practices it daily.  I tend to just rely on it to know everything will be alright in the long run.  But, I am glad for my childhood education and core beliefs.  Just like the blossoms of those trees in the picture of St. Catharines......they are just buds barely in sight but, soon they will be beautiful flowers.  To everything there is a season......

No comments:

Post a Comment