Wednesday, December 31, 2014

I want to fly like an eagle.....

Steve Miller's popular song during the late seventies.  The time in my life I was ready to soar into the future.  The time I was making decisions of what I wanted to do in my life.  Yes, I wanted to fly and not in the sense of getting high.  I always wanted to succeed on my own......like the bird who takes flight from the nest.  I have been inspired by so many.  I want to spend January blogging and sharing the many inspirational Artists, friends, songwriters, musicians, writers who have inspired me on my journey.  February I want to actually carry out my dream of being Esther Howland.  I, like a bird, have already began my journey.  I started gathering all the supplies I am ready to make as many greeting cards in the month of February and have enough to share with others who would like to take some time to make some cards, also.
In the hustle and bustle of the holiday rush of working in a department store, I passed by these boxes.  I saw they what they were up close and the price was right.  What will I fill them with?  Well, all the supplies I need for cardmaking are filling up these boxes rather quickly.  Gathering......like a bird building a nest.
 The artist who made this box is Kelly Rae Roberts.  I am very familiar with her and her book called "Taking Flight"  I have read and lent out her book.  When I read the box, the words could not be more fitting for me.  By sharing this I hope these words speak volumes to you also as we approach the new year!!!  To learn more about her and her Art press here
 The box reads:   Dream
My wish for you is that you feel the full breath of possibility.  That you feel your fears and act anyway. That you listen to what's calling you.  That you find the sacred in the ordinary.  And that love and kindness embrace your heart always.

Happy New Year!  Bring on 2015!  My word for 2015 is FLY!  My word for 2014 was kick....and I am ready to kick it goodbye!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment