Friday, March 1, 2013

On the road again....

So, life so far is seeming pretty picture perfect.  This is a picture of my mom and dad.  The sign behind them says Stelle's Stones.  My dad has on a bolo tie and in front of him is some of his creations.  I said before he worked full time as an electrical engineer at Fort Monmouth.  Well, he also had a huge collection of rock and minerals.  He made jewelry and bolo ties.  Our life after I was in school full time was packing the car.  Picking my dad up at work Friday afternoon, driving to a rock show on average about 2 1/2 hours away, setting up the show, working and selling at the show, on Sunday packing up  and driving home Sunday night.  Monday we all went off to school and work and then Friday we did it all over again.  It is rare to see my parents sitting down....they probably were asked to, because my father firmly believed to sell you had to stand.....no sitting while on duty as it was called.  This was our life for about ten years, which was a good chunk of my childhood.  It didn't leave much time for birthday parties and social activities on the weekends or the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment